Our Commitment Is To Train You For The Classroom
The Total Immersion TESOL courses train you in pedagogical methodology, phonology, grammar tuition, language awareness and importantly supervised extensive real-classroom experience.
With us you will:
Gain the confidence to enter classrooms to convincingly teach and inspire your students.
Seu TESOL Chiang Mai, Thailand is hosting the Australian Language Training Institute’s (LTi) government-accredited 10695NAT – Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). This training is provided by LTi, an Australian Registered Training Organisation, RTO No. 30173. Seu TESOL is responsible for advertising the course, providing a venue for classes, and is in charge of the practical placements.
LTi publishes a full suite of TESOL Training resources that are used by over 20 different national and international training organizations. LTi regularly undertakes external audits to ensure its partners meet the Australian Quality Training Framework Standards.
• Nominal Study Hours: 580 – 650 hours.
• Observe and work with an experienced ESL teacher.
• A mix of theory and practical training on how to teach English to speakers of other languages.
• Get hands-on experience of putting the knowledge learned into practice in real-life – preparing a teaching plan and teaching at least 6 hours in a Thai school environment under ESL teacher supervision. Besides, you have the opportunity for an additional 6 hours teaching component on your own.
• Get an internationally recognized certificate ( Cert IV ); this requires graduates to complete a minimum of 12 hours of authentic practical placement with Thai students.
• Get experience that you can put on your resume.
• Analyse the relationship between culture and learning
• Understand English language and communication
• Gain knowledge of the genre-based approach to teaching English
• Plan lessons and classroom management strategies
• Understand and teach grammar, spelling and pronunciation
• Teach others to speak, listen, read and write English
• Evaluate English ability
• Create, collect and collate teaching resources
• Plus complete 1 elective
• 12 hours of Practical Placement
• TESCIE001 – Create a culturally inclusive learning environment
• TESGAE001 – Use the genre approach to teach English
• TESTEG001 – Teach English grammar
• TESTSP001 – Teach spelling and pronunciation
• TESTSE001 – Teach speaking
• TESTLE001 – Teach listening
• TESTRE001 – Teach reading
• TESTWE001 – Teach writing
• TESDRF001 – Develop resource files
• TESECL001 – Teach ESL to early childhood learners
• TESPSL001 – Teach ESL to primary school-aged learners
• TESTAL001 – Teach ESL to teenage learners
• TESMAD001 – Use music, art and drama in TESOL
• TESTEC001 – Use technology to assist ESL learning
• TESWWV001 – Work with volunteers in ESL contexts
• TESCBC001 – Establish community-based English classes
*Please note: Seu TESOL only offers a limited number of electives. Students will be advised on a course by course basis.